What are Online Certificate Programs?
If you’re interested in pursuing your education to a higher level but don’t have the time, money, or level of interest to pursue a full college degree, an online certificate program might be the perfect fit for you.
Unlike associates or bachelor’s degrees, online certificate programs offer students a way to increase their marketability in an extremely specific field or position. Professional certificate programs offered by accredited online universities can be completed in just a fraction of the time (often several weeks or less!) it takes to earn an online degree.
Online certificate programs are a great option for those looking to expand their knowledge quickly or advance their careers. By earning a professional certificate, students can qualify for entry-level positions in certain fields like graphic design. They can gain the knowledge and skills necessary to take that next step in their career to management or even a senior-level position. An online certificate may help an individual meet specific requirements for professional certification in fields like healthcare, project management, financial planning or information technology.
Certificate programs provide a well-rounded basis for the given subject and can often supplement a previously-earned degree. However, with or without a degree, a professional certificate can certainly help a resume to stand out. Job applicants can set themselves apart from other candidates with a completed certificate. Often, a certificate can confirm that you have the skills necessary to handle the position even if you don’t have previous experience in that specific field or industry.
The cost of a certificate program depends on each individual accredited online university and the total credits required. For example, a leadership certificate at Capella University requires 16 total program credits each costing $570 for a total of $9,120. While this may seem like a lot of money, keep in mind that a certificate may be all you need to land that dream job or advance in your career. Plus, it is much more affordable than going back to school for a full degree. Financial assistance may be available as well, and you should always check to see whether your current employer would be willing to cover some or even all of your tuition costs.
- Project Management Certificate – University of Phoenix
- Executive Graduate Certificate in Acquisition – Strayer University
- Post-Master’s Certificate in College Teaching – Capella University
- Legal Secretary Certificate – Kaplan University
- Certificate in Accounting – Keiser University
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Nursing – Walden University
- Emergency and Disaster Management Certificate – Upper Iowa University
- Executive Graduate Certificate in Taxation – Strayer University
- Graduate Accounting Certificate – University of Phoenix
- Graduate Certificate in K-12 Educational Leadership – Kaplan University
- Information Systems Security Certificate – University of Phoenix
- Organizational Communication Certificate – Upper Iowa University
- Leadership Certificate – Capella University
- Certificate in Clinical Research Administration – Walden University
- Small Business Management Certificate – Strayer University
- Corrections Certificate – Kaplan University
If you have any questions about online certificate programs do not hesitate to ask them below, and our experts at University Facts will get back to you soon.