Is an Online Degree in Entrepreneurship Right for You?
According to the Small Business Association, small businesses represent 99.7% of all employers in the U.S. and provide almost 75% of the net new jobs added to our economy. It is certainly a vast industry and our economy depends on their success. By offering online business degrees in small business and entrepreneurship, online universities are providing the means to help keep owners successful.
What is an Online Entrepreneurship Degree?
Based on an online business degree model, an entrepreneurship program covers a broad range of business specializations, including accounting, marketing, economics and management. Courses required often include:
- Creative Business Thinking
- New Venture Franchising
- Project Management
- Employee Relations Management
- Ethics in Business
- Financial Analysis
The goal of an entrepreneurship program is to develop an owner who will be able to successfully run his own business, from inventory to purchasing, and from human resources to sales.
Online business programs are perfectly designed with flexible scheduling needs in mind. You can earn an associate’s or bachelor’s degree, MBA or graduate certificate in entrepreneurship from the comfort of your own home while still keeping a full-time job.
Is an Online Entrepreneurship Degree Right for You?
Have you been dreaming of becoming your own boss? Do you have an idea that would make an excellent business? Are you looking to open a franchise as part of your retirement plan? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, an online entrepreneurship degree may be a great option for you. Do not think an entrepreneurial degree is for you simply because you hate your current boss. Entrepreneurship programs take a certain kind of person who has a drive to lead others, can persuade people to their ways of thinking, and who don’t mind working upwards of 60-hour weeks at the upstart of their business.
Most small business ventures fail within the first few years because of the inability to overcome obstacles, the lack of a serious business plan, an inadequate amount of knowledge or the inexperience of drawing and retaining a customer base. Even if you don’t go on to open your own small business or franchise, an online business degree in entrepreneurship provides a wide base of knowledge and skills that prove helpful in any position within the business world.
What Online Universities Offer Entrepreneurship Degrees?
Here is a list of some of the most popular online universities and the entrepreneurship programs that they offer:
- Strayer University offers an Undergraduate Certificate in Business Administration with a specialization in Small Business Management.
- University of Phoenix offers a bachelor’s degree in Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship.
- Ashford University offers an online bachelor’s degree and an MBA in Entrepreneurship.
- Kaplan University offers an online associate’s degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Small Business Management.
- DeVry University offers a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship. They also offer a bachelor’s degree in Management with a specialization in Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship.
- Grand Canyon University offers a bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurial Studies.